Sodium ascorbyl phosphate (SAP) is specifically produced for use as a stabilized source of vitamin C in cosmetic products. Light-stable and oxygen-stable. Purity >95.0%. Ascorbic acid content at least 45%. May discolor at pH levels below 6.
- Stabilised form of vitamin C that does not degrade in aqueous formulas. Esterification of asorbic acid protects vitamin C from oxidative degradation.
- Potent antioxidant (shown to be able to protect skin from oxidative damages)
- Can improve appearance of aged and fragile skin
- Widely used as add-on ingredient in skin-lightening products to correct hyper pigmentation and age spots
- Antioxidant effect can be increased by adding vitamin E.
Add at the end of the formulation process just before the preservative, by pre-dissolving in a little distilled water. Typical use level 0.2-3%, but up to 10%. For external use only.
Lotions, creams, sun care & after sun products, makeup products